*Please note that applications to volunteer positions are closed for now and successful applicants will be contacted shortly.*
We are always happy to speak to individuals who may wish to volunteer some of their time to support our work. It’s important to us that the volunteering opportunities we offer should also be opportunities for volunteers to learn new skills, while making sure we are able to support and deliver against our key objective, to make philosophy accessible to all. Each conversation we have with a volunteer is individual and will be based upon what you would like to do and the opportunities we are able to offer.
TRIP Programmes & Activities
TRIP delivers a number of programmes and activities across the year. These include:
- The flagship London Lectures, a series of 14 lectures which run from October to March
- An annual guest lecture in each of the capital cities of the British Isles (London, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Dublin)
- An Annual Symposium
- A studentship and bursary programme for postgraduate students in philosophy, in conjunction with the Jacobsen Foundation
- A full schools philosophy programme, in conjunction with the Jacobsen Foundation
- Local partnerships with philosophy departments, philosophy clubs and charities to create publicly accessible philosophy events, talks and lectures
- Conferences planned and hosted by postgraduate students for postgraduate students
- A partnership with the Scouts Association to integrate philosophical thinking into their activities
- A prison outreach programme
In addition, TRIP also produces two journals a year, Philosophy and Think; and hosts the annual Nayef Al-Rodhan book prize, and the Philosophy essay prize.
Volunteer Opportunities (currently closed but will open in 2024)
We have projects that are varied in their requirements, and include:
- Create data sets of mailing audiences that do not currently receive information about or from TRIP
- Research advertising opportunities available to TRIP on Facebook or other social media platforms to influence TRIP promotional activities
- Act as stewards to the TRIP Autumn/Winter series of evening Thursday lectures (2 hours per week in London)
- Experience of studying Philosophy is preferred, but is normally not essential
- To gain practical experience of office operations and routines
- To gain practical experience in project management and event delivery
- To gain practical experience working with partnerships and programme delivery
- To receive shadowing, mentoring and training opportunities with successful professionals
Terms & Conditions
Volunteering roles are located flexibly except when stewarding or if the role requires you to visit the London office.
If you are requested to travel to any location by TRIP, then reasonable travel expenses and lunch expenses will be met as per our expenses policy.
You will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement and provide proof of identity before being accepted as a volunteer.
If you would like to volunteer, please complete the application form.